Saturday, March 15, 2008

How it all started

My name in Jimmy Singer and I live in Dallas. Several years ago, I noticed a painful bump on the back of my head. I immediately assumed it was a zit/boil or something like that and picked at it a bit. It did nothing but hurt more and seemed to get bigger over a couple of day. A few days later, I was pushing on it and it seemed as though it popped but nothing came out, it's as though it exploded under my skin. It soon completely went away.

Fast forward about 6 months and it came back again. The exact same scenario... it came back, I fought through the pain and it popped again (under the skin). This happened a few more times over about a three year period. I even went to the doctor for it one time but by the time my appointment came up, I'd already popped it and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I was convinced it was a sebaceous cyst and was wanting to have it removed.

When it came back the last time, I noticed it had grown, or spread rather. Now, instead of one bump, there were two of them. I could even push on them under my skin and make them move around a bit. They were never painful before until they got pretty big. This time, I finally made an appointment and went to the doctor to have the cyst removed.

He punched a hole in it and like me, was expecting it to pop but it didn't. He cut out a piece and sent it out to the lab for analysis. That begins this story...

No comments: