Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Dermatologist

Dr. Sarah Weitzul

Dr. Weitzul is the first person I talked to who I actually felt knew what she was talking about concerning my cancer. Its super-rare and it seemed anyone else I talked to had never even seen a case or maybe just one or two in their entire career. Dr. Weitzul is the reason I didn't convince myself to visit someone at MD Anderson in Houston. She's a MOHS expert and did my first surgery. Unfortunately, it ended up being too large of a tumor for her to remove during the MOHS procedure and I had to have Dr. Thornton finish it up later that day in the operating room. I think I'll be vising Dr. Weitzul every 3 months or so for the next 5 years (at least) from what I gather.

Here is some info on MOHS surgery for DFSP.

And some more info.

No comments: